Rejoice with Exceeding Gladness – a gift song for Ridvan
A few years ago I released a song titled, ‘Rejoice with Exceeding Gladness’ – in honor of the Festival of Ridvan. I found a beautiful quotation revealed by Bahá’u’lláh for Ridvan and asked six friends around the world to sing it in six different languages representing all continents (except Antartica!). Each verse is followed by the chorus of ‘Allah’u’Abha’ where everyone can join in. I have just completed making a video for the full song using beautiful photographs of Bahá’í iTemples from around the world. (See above)
Last year I had the pleasure of making a slideshow with photos of the Ridvan garden to accompany all 11 languages for communities around the world to enjoy (see below).
A special thanks Larry Magee who played the guitars and to Jarome Matthew for editing all the languages and making sure they were mixed and mastered professionally. I’m also extremely grateful to Adeeb Afshar for sharing several of his beautiful photos from the Ridvan garden and also Shira Trick for her lovely video of the fountain. If you listen closely at the end, you can hear a slight trickle of the water flowing from the fountain.
Lyrics for the Ridvan song
Below are the lyrics in 6 languages:
1. English Rejoice with exceeding gladness, O people of Bahá, as ye call to remembrance the Day of supreme felicity…
2. Swahili Furahini kwa furaha kubwa mno, enyi watu wa Baha, mnapozikumbuka Siku ya Shangwe kuu kabisa
3. German Frohlocke in höchster Freude, o Volk Bahás, wenn du dich des Tages höchsten Glücks erinnerst
4. Chinese 巴哈的子民啊！当你们回忆起那最为幸福的日子时，尽情欢乐吧！ Ba ha de zi min a! Dang nimen huiyi qi na zui wei xingfu de rizi shi, jin qing huan le ba!
5. Spanish Regocijaos con extrema alegría, oh pueblo de Bahá, cuando recordéis el Día de la felicidad suprema
6. French Réjouissez-vous, ô peuple de Bahá, d’une joie sans pareille, en évoquant ce jour de suprême félicité
Chorus: Allah’u’Abha Quotation from the Writings of Baha’u’llah